It’s like 335 calories couldn’t have been consumed any better. There’s a whole lot of balsamic to this dish, and you’re gonna like it!
Hello Balsamic Chicken & Asparagus.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
1 bunch asparagus
1 pint grape tomatoes
4 oz mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup plus 2 Tb balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup plus 1 t olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine 1/2 balsamic, 1/4 olive oil, garlic powder and pepper into a ziploc bag. Add in raw chicken breasts and marinate from 30 minutes to overnight. After marinating, grill chicken.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut off the end of asparagus (bend asparagus until it breaks, this is where you should be cutting off the ends). Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil. Line asparagus on the cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Place on top rack of oven for 8-10 minutes until tender (until you can easily pierce with a fork).
3. In a frying pan, place sliced grape tomatoes in 1 teaspoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Cook for a few minutes until tomatoes start to get soft (where you can squish them with a fork).
4. Place chicken and asparagus on a serving dish, top with tomatoes and mozzarella. Drizzle with extra balsamic mixture from tomatoes.
Seriously. So good.
I cringe at any recipe more than five ingredients.
It’s just too much for my brain to handle.
So I made 5 ingredient spinach and cottage cheese stuffed pasta shells in tomato sauce. Yum!
1 box large pasta shells
1 1/4 cup frozen spinach
1 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
small can of tomato sauce (see directions for details)
1. Cook large pasta shells according to directions.
2. Thaw and cook about 1 1/4 cup of frozen spinach. Mix with 1 1/2 cup cottage cheese in a bowl and set aside.
3. Fill a casserole dish with tomato sauce about an inch high. Toss in 1 chopped tomato.
4. Spoon spinach and cottage cheese mixture into cooled individual pasta shells and place in 9x13 pan. Cover and cook for about 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Top with mozzarella. Enjoy!