There’s just something about putting everything into one casserole dish. And having heaven come out of the oven 20 minutes later. It’s magical. This hot mess is…
Basil Balsamic Chicken
1 lb chicken
1 cup grape tomatoes
.5 ounces (1/2 cup) fresh basil
4 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic
1 1/2 tb almond milk
1/2 red onion
3 oz mozzarella cheese
1. Blend basil, garlic, olive oil, balsamic and almond milk until it becomes a smooth sauce like consistency.
2. Slice chicken breasts length wise (making them thinner) and lay in a casserole dish. Top with basil mixture, grape tomatoes (halved) and chopped red onion.
3. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes. Top with Mozzarella cheese and put back in the oven until it’s melted. Serve with more balsamic.
Calories per serving: 277
For 217 calories, I just might allow you to pair this sweet pureé with a nice grilled cheese. Wheat bread of course!
2 lb carrots
2 Tb honey
2 Tb balsamic vinegar
3 cups almond milk (unsweetened)
2 Tb olive oil
1. Coat carrots with about 2 tablespoons olive oil. Lay on a cookie sheet lined with tinfoil. Roast carrots for 20-30 minutes at 425. Check occasionally. They are done when they are soft to poke with a fork.
2. Once carrots are done, combine in a large bowl and coat them with honey and balsamic vinegar.
3. Add carrot mixture to a blender and blend until smooth, adding almond milk until desired consistency (I used about 3 cups). Serve with a grilled cheese and sprinkle with salt!
Makes 1.5 quarts
Serves 4 at 1 1/2 cups, and 217 calories per serving
It’s like 335 calories couldn’t have been consumed any better. There’s a whole lot of balsamic to this dish, and you’re gonna like it!
Hello Balsamic Chicken & Asparagus.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
1 bunch asparagus
1 pint grape tomatoes
4 oz mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup plus 2 Tb balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup plus 1 t olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine 1/2 balsamic, 1/4 olive oil, garlic powder and pepper into a ziploc bag. Add in raw chicken breasts and marinate from 30 minutes to overnight. After marinating, grill chicken.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut off the end of asparagus (bend asparagus until it breaks, this is where you should be cutting off the ends). Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil. Line asparagus on the cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Place on top rack of oven for 8-10 minutes until tender (until you can easily pierce with a fork).
3. In a frying pan, place sliced grape tomatoes in 1 teaspoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Cook for a few minutes until tomatoes start to get soft (where you can squish them with a fork).
4. Place chicken and asparagus on a serving dish, top with tomatoes and mozzarella. Drizzle with extra balsamic mixture from tomatoes.
Seriously. So good.