Pesto and prosciutto should really just get married. Seriously, these flavors are just the best together! 305 calories of happiness in your mouth.
Pesto & Prosciutto Chicken
1 lb chicken
8 thin slices of prosciutto
1 bunch of asparagus
2 Tb Pesto (I used Delallo)
3 Tb Unsweetened Almond Milk (approx)
About 3 Tb whole wheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut asparagus ends, drizzle with olive oil. Place on a cookie sheet covered in tin foil. Bake for about 15 minutes or until it’s soft when you poke with a fork.
2. Cut raw chicken breasts in half lengthwise (so they are thinner). Coat with flour and wrap in prosciutto (two slices of prosciutto per halved chicken breast). Sauté in a skillet, flipping sides periodically as not to burn.
3. Combine pesto with almond milk 1 Tb at a time until it becomes a sauce like texture. I used 3 Tb of almond milk. Pour overtop cooked chicken in skillet. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Adapted from kwestiasmaku.com
Approx 305 calories per serving
Loving this lite and fresh orange flavor to chicken! All protein and vegetable, this 275 calorie dish would pair well with a side of some brown rice.
Orange Chicken & Asparagus
1 lb chicken
1Tb sesame oil
1 minced garlic clove
1 bunch asparagus
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp honey
1 orange (juice & zest)
dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Heat sesame oil and garlic in a frying pan. Add thinly sliced chicken breasts and cook thoroughly.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut off stems of asparagus. Place asparagus stems on a lined cookie sheet with tinfoil. Brush with olive oil and a dash of salt. Bake for 8 minutes or until soft.
3. Combine soy sauce, honey, juice/zest of the orange and add to the chicken mixture in the frying pan. Simmer for 3 minutes.
Calories per serving: Approx. 275
It’s like 335 calories couldn’t have been consumed any better. There’s a whole lot of balsamic to this dish, and you’re gonna like it!
Hello Balsamic Chicken & Asparagus.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
1 bunch asparagus
1 pint grape tomatoes
4 oz mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup plus 2 Tb balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup plus 1 t olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine 1/2 balsamic, 1/4 olive oil, garlic powder and pepper into a ziploc bag. Add in raw chicken breasts and marinate from 30 minutes to overnight. After marinating, grill chicken.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut off the end of asparagus (bend asparagus until it breaks, this is where you should be cutting off the ends). Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil. Line asparagus on the cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Place on top rack of oven for 8-10 minutes until tender (until you can easily pierce with a fork).
3. In a frying pan, place sliced grape tomatoes in 1 teaspoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Cook for a few minutes until tomatoes start to get soft (where you can squish them with a fork).
4. Place chicken and asparagus on a serving dish, top with tomatoes and mozzarella. Drizzle with extra balsamic mixture from tomatoes.
Seriously. So good.