It’s all fresh clean eating here!
Lemon Garlic Chicken & Roasted Veggies
1 1/2 lemons & zest
2 cloves garlic
1 lb chicken
2 gold potatoes
2 red potatoes
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
2 Tb olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 475. Chop potatoes into about 1 inch squares. Slice peppers into long thick strips. Combine into a bowl and coat in 3 Tb olive oil. Spread vegetables on a cookie sheet, squeeze one half of a fresh lemon on top of vegetables. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 475. When they are done potatoes will be soft when you poke with a fork.
2. Cover the bottom of a skillet with olive oil to cook the chicken. Squeeze and zest one whole lemon, two minced garlic cloves and add to the skillet. Turn on medium heat and toss in bite size chicken pieces. Cook until no longer pink.
3. To serve, combine vegetables and chicken on a platter and drizzle with leftover lemon sauce from the skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Calories per serving 300
It’s like 335 calories couldn’t have been consumed any better. There’s a whole lot of balsamic to this dish, and you’re gonna like it!
Hello Balsamic Chicken & Asparagus.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
1 bunch asparagus
1 pint grape tomatoes
4 oz mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup plus 2 Tb balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup plus 1 t olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine 1/2 balsamic, 1/4 olive oil, garlic powder and pepper into a ziploc bag. Add in raw chicken breasts and marinate from 30 minutes to overnight. After marinating, grill chicken.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut off the end of asparagus (bend asparagus until it breaks, this is where you should be cutting off the ends). Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil. Line asparagus on the cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Place on top rack of oven for 8-10 minutes until tender (until you can easily pierce with a fork).
3. In a frying pan, place sliced grape tomatoes in 1 teaspoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Cook for a few minutes until tomatoes start to get soft (where you can squish them with a fork).
4. Place chicken and asparagus on a serving dish, top with tomatoes and mozzarella. Drizzle with extra balsamic mixture from tomatoes.
Seriously. So good.