Flautas. They’re the “crunch” you’ve been missing with any average enchilada. Get ready to devour 301 calories of…
Spicy (and I mean spicy!) Chicken Ranch Flautas.
1 lb chicken
1 cup Franks hot sauce *see note
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/8 cup water
1/2 packet (2 tsp) buttermilk ranch mix
3/4 large red onion, sliced
4 medium tortillas, halved
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cook and shred chicken (I sautéed mine in some olive oil). Soak chicken in hot sauce and set aside.
3. Thinly slice red onion and saute in olive oil for two minutes. Set aside.
4. In a blender, mix cottage cheese, water and ranch mix until smooth.
5. Cut tortillas in half. Spoon about 1 1/2 TB of chicken onto the straight edge of the tortilla. Top with a few red onions. Tightly roll and place seam side down on a cookie sheet. Bake at 450 for 8 minutes each side.
6. To serve, top with more onions and drizzle with cottage cheese/ranch mixture.
*NOTE: If straight up hot sauce is too much try watering it down a tablespoon at a time with some almond milk.
Calories per serving: 301